Charente choose Gradient for ERP system selection
Charente (now Harrison Maritime) is a group of companies with a long tradition in the nautical sector. There was a requirement to find an ERP system which would allow them to control three diverse sites across the UK, improve efficiencies and promote further growth.
Charente recognised that they did not have the in-house expertise and so turned to Gradient for expert help and advice in selecting their new business system. Following the selection Charente continued to use Gradient to project manage the implementation. See case study
How we helped
The aim of this project was to select a software package which would best meet Charente’s requirements both in terms of functionality and budget; as well as seeking a vendor with the right approach.
- Visits were made to each of the three Charente sites to ascertain specific operational and strategic requirements for the new system which were then incorporated into a comprehensive specification document.
- The specification document was sent to a selection of carefully researched suppliers and the responses reviewed, with four vendors chosen to provide a short demonstration.
- A preferred supplier was selected and a detailed demonstration arranged covering specific functionality. Site visits to each business were carried out to ensure that the proposed solution would meet all requirements before a final quote was produced. Contract negotiations were held and agreement was reached to select the Syteline product from Infor.
- The Charente Group was able to benefit from Gradient’s tried and tested selection process giving them the confidence that they would receive all the help they needed in choosing the best ERP system for their business.
- The software will deliver efficiencies across all functions of the group from inventory control and the planning of the manufacturing operations through to sales and customer service.
- The close working relationship which developed during the selection process led Charente to choose Gradient to manage the system implementation project ensuring continuity of support.
Charente has selected a new business system that will meet all the requirements of a diverse group of companies which will deliver improved customer service and drive business growth.