CN Creative choose Gradient for ERP system selection project
When successful electronic cigarette manufacturers CN Creative decided to investigate potential replacements for their outdated business systems they quickly realised what a minefield an ERP system selection process could be
After 8 months of vendor demonstrations and being no nearer to identifying a system that would suit them they were recommended to contact Gradient Consulting for assistance.
How we helped
Gradient worked with CN Creative’s internal project team and introduced a structured process that led them through specification, demonstration, and selection of the system that was right for them.
- The ERP System Selection process for CN Creative involved a series of site visits and interviews with key users. Gradient worked to understand CN Creative’s business processes and translate them into a comprehensive system requirements document that was sent to a carefully researched list of vendors.
- The responses were analysed and Gradient supported the internal Project team by helping to short list three vendors who subsequently took part in detailed demonstrations. Microsoft Nav was selected as the preferred solution.
- Gradient Consulting aided CN Creative through the contract negotiation and helped them achieve not only the correct solution, but also a deal with which they were comfortable with.
- Following a prolonged period of little or no progress the introduction of a structured selection process helped focus the project team and allowed them to identify key business benefits within the short listed solutions.
- There was a large amount of double keying into various databases and reporting was particularly difficult as there were very few links between each application in use. The integrated ERP system will address these problems by having one point of entry, one source of data and subsequently an inherent traceability right throughout the supply chain.
- The consolidation of a number of disparate systems has allowed CN Creative to develop an IT strategy that can accommodate their current activities whilst enabling future growth.
The selection of a well -specified ERP system, that matches the way CN Creative works, will help the growing and innovative company continue to move forward.