Gradient assist Natural Power with ERP system selection
Having grown since the early 90’s from eight to 280 employees and opened sites across the UK, France and the USA, Natural Power found their existing arrangements of systems could not satisfy their business requirements for future growth.
Natural Power knew that they would need specialist assistance and having searched the internet for a suitable partner and chose Gradient Consulting to help them specify their requirements and guide them through the ERP system selection process.
How we helped
Gradient worked with Natural Power to set up the internal project teams and through a structured process led them through complexities of the specification, demonstration, and selection activities required to choose the correct system.
- Gradient worked with the internal project leader Callum McLean, to create two project teams; a steering committee to make the decisions and sign off any resource and a key user team to specify functional requirements for the system.
- Through a series of site visits and interviews with key users, Gradient’s Andrew Barnett worked to understand Natural Power’s business processes and translate them into a comprehensive system requirements document that was sent to a carefully researched list of vendors.
- The responses were analysed and Andrew supported the ERP selection committee in short listing three vendors who subsequently took part in detailed demonstrations. IFS were selected as the preferred vendor and following a final proof of concept workshop, contracts were signed.
- By undergoing a comprehensive ERP selection process Natural Power now have a system carefully chosen to provide the platform for continued growth
- The complexity of managing a diverse and growing business has been simplified by the new system, which will deliver significant efficiencies to Natural Power by linking the various operations and internal and external projects.
- The series of existing systems have been replaced by a well-supported ERP system that matches the way Natural Power works; one that can continue to be developed as the business grows.
Natural Power can effectively and efficiently develop and expand in the fast-moving renewable energy sector with a well-configured ERP system.