Kaydee / Sayfa choose Gradient for ERP system selection project
Kaydee Blinds and Sayfa Systems are two separate, but co-owned, companies both supplying products and services to the construction industry. Kaydee’s current ERP system was no longer able to efficiently support their operations and Sayfa’s rapid growth was beginning to be restricted by the lack of integrated IT systems. The senior management team decided that an ERP system selection project was required in order to find a system suitable for both companies.
Both companies recognised that they did not have the in-house expertise to select a system that would not only recognise that each sold a different range of services and products, but would also need to be heavily focussed on the management of construction-related projects, where there would be many processes and activities in common to both companies.
How we helped
Gradient led the Kaydee and Sayfa project teams through a structured selection process by first thoroughly documenting their system requirements and then identifying the most suitable products and vendors for demonstration.
- Gradient Consulting spent three days on site at Kaydee and Sayfa in order to understand current processes and to document the specific operational and strategic requirements that each company had for a new system. These were then incorporated into a comprehensive specification document.
- The specification document was sent to a selection of carefully researched suppliers and the responses reviewed, with three vendors chosen to provide a short demonstrations to the management and project teams.
- A series of further detailed demonstrations were arranged in order to compare key specific aspects of functionality and these were vital in determining the both the correct system and choice of vendor. This process was supplemented by communications with suitable reference sites and visits to vendor headquarters which considerably aided the decision making process.
- Kaydee now have a system which will significantly improve internal processes and Sayfa have a system that will provide the basis for continued sustained growth.
- Due to the close match between the functionality of the software and key business processes both Kaydee and Sayfa can be confident that it will deliver efficiencies and improvements across all functions of the two companies from initial contact with the client through to the delivery of their services and installation of their products.