Promethean choose Gradient for global systems projects
When technology leader Promethean realised that their business systems could no longer meet the needs of a rapidly growing company expanding into international markets they looked for a partner to help them manage their system improvement projects which would eventually spread across three continents.
Promethean decided they needed professional and independent assistance initially with the selection of a new ERP system. Following a recommendation they engaged with Gradient who assisted with the system selection and then went on to manage their implementation and improvement projects in the UK, USA and China.
How we helped
From the initial system selection Gradient became more heavily involved with Promethean’s global IT projects providing valuable hands-on project management and a variety of other specialist services which the client found invaluable.
- Gradient where initially engaged to assist with the selection of Infor LN. Following the success of that aspect of the project Gradient stayed involved providing hands-on support for the implementation ensuring that tasks were completed and milestones met.
- Gradient continued their association with Promethean by project managing crucial aspects of the the global roll-out to the US and China.
- The experience of Gradients specialist consultants led to the successful development and implementation of web based B2B portals and corporate intra / internet sites.
- Having all the operational sites on one system with a common data structure has allowed Promethean global visibility of the supply chain significantly improving customer service.
- Decision making vastly improved through relevant and timely business intelligence and reporting.
- Global project accounting, product life cycle management and customer portals now fully integrated with the ERP system.
Promethean now has the platform for growth with a single view across its businesses, enabling it to plan manufacturing more efficiently between sites in the UK, Europe, the US and China and to service its customers world-wide.